Sunday, October 23, 2011

Very belated...

And a totally different dish, but I finally have one to post! I adapted this from a recipe that I found on Betty Crocker's website. You can find the original here: Original Recipe

Now! To list what I put in the delicious concoction that is currently in my oven. 

Apple Crisp ala Au'na:

For the Crumbly-Topping
  • 8 Medium Tart Cooking Apples (I used Granny Smith)
  • 1 1/2 C, Packed Brown Sugar
  • 1 C, All Purpose Flour
  • 1 C. Old Fashioned Oats
  • 2/3 C. Melted Butter
  • 1 1/2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
  • 1 1/2 tsp. Ground Nutmeg

 For the Apples:

  • 1/2 C. Brown Sugar
  • 1/2 C. White Sugar
  • 1/2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. Ground Nutmeg

Step One:
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Grease bottom of 9x13 pan with unsalted butter.

Step Two:

Core and slice apples. Toss in brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg, measured as listed above. Combine all other ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Mix well with a hand-held mixer or whisk until fully mixed. Place apples in greased pan, sprinkle crumbly-topping over them.

Step Three:

Bake for about 30 minutes or until crumbly-topping is golden brown and apples are tender enough to pierce with a fork. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream of your choice.


I hope this turns out well for myself, as well as the rest of you!

(P.S. Because I don't want to try to sequence them with the instructions, here are my pictures!)

No comments:

Post a Comment